40 COMPLIMENTS THAT RAPPERS HAVE GIVEN TO EMINEM OVER THE YEARS
- Redman: My hat's always off to Eminem…Eminem, that's my dude…I've run into him on many occasions. My hat's off to the dude.
- Nas: He contributes so much lyrically and musically. He's amazing.
- Kanye West: Nobody's gonna be bigger than Eminem.
- Game: One thing that stuck with me is that Eminem is not to be fucked with ever in hip-hop, ever.
- Rakim: Eminem is nasty, man. I don't care what color he is. I don't care about none of that. Real artists respect real artists, man…I tell people to this day. If Em was black, he'd be the next Muhammad Alive, man.
- Kool G. Rap: can't ignore the fact that that boy Eminem is incredible. He's lyrically incredible. Anybody that's ever sat and fronted on this dude's talent is, like, come on, man. Stop playing me.
- Scarface: (after being asked if he'd ever do a track with Eminem) I'm not fin to go in there fuckin' with that white boy, man!
- Yelawolf: There's always been white rappers. It's nothing new under the sun. There's only been one with worldwide success and longevity. You know who that is—Marshall.
- Tyler, The Creator: (after meeting Eminem for the first time) Goal List Check: I Told Him Relapse Was One Of The Greatest Albums To Me.
- Royce Da 5'9": [Eminem is] a workhorse. If he told me that he had an album ready right now, I'd believe him.
- Hopsin: Eminem, he was the one I wanted to be like when I heard his music. I'm like, 'Man, this dude, I relate to him a lot.' He was my role model. That was the rapper that stood out more than any other rapper in the rap game. I didn't even like rap that much until he came in the scene.
- Nicki Minaj: We went on a whim [on Pink Friday] and put it in the air like, 'It'd be great if he would collaborate with us.' I remember I kept talking about it, and I thought, 'It can't hurt.' I sent him one record, and he didn't love it. He didn't say, 'I don't love it,' he just said, 'Can you send me something that's a little more me?' I sent him an e-mail and thanked him for that, just having enough respect. Sometimes people don't respond. He had the respect, at least, to treat me like a peer.
- Mac Miller: (on meeting Eminem for the first time) To be real, that was, like, the only time I've ever been low-key. I was really smiley. I was like, 'Whoa, that's Eminem,' you know?
- Snoop Dogg: When Eminem was on Jay-Z's song, he fucked cuz up on that record! You know what record I'm talking about. He fucked him up on that record completely. Like, damn!
- Lil Wayne: (speaking from prison) Em is him, and he's back in a major way. As far as Eminem the dude, he's a great dude. He's been keeping up with me since I've been in here, and I appreciate his support.
- Lupe Fiasco: (on battling other rappers) I can't fuck with Eminem, but I got everybody else covered.
- Tech N9NE: That nigga's damn-near like the best rapper out here when it comes to technique, technical rhyming, wordplay, and shit like that.
- Jay-Z: Sidebar: Kanye moment if I may…Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his omission. As of this second, he has the highest-selling rap album of the year and a scene-stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year. (Letter to MTV after being crowned MTV's "Hottest MC")
- T.I.: Eminem] overcoming his own adversities, winning the battle against his own demons and continuing to break the mold and re-set the standard of what it means to be the most successful hip-hop artist in the game…I salute that to no end.
- B.o.b.: He really helped me out a lot…Getting on a record with Em definitely pushes you to get your chops up.
- Obie Trice: I brought Eminem's music to the hood when my guys were kind of shunning him.
- Masta Ace: The first time somebody said to me that they thought Eminem sounded like me, I personally didn't hear that. To me, he sounded unique…he sounded like nobody that I had ever heard before.
- Big Sean: I came up listening to Eminem. Just how inventive Eminem was, his rhyme style.
- Crooked I: He's the fifth member of Slaughterhouse at this point. He's putting in just as much work as we are, and I salute that all the way because he doesn't have to obviously.
- Pharrell: I'd love to work with Eminem. It just hasn't happened yet.
- Lloyd Banks: Em has a cult following and they ain't gonna turn their backs on him. He's gonna shine on the darkest day…I feel like his music is getting more and more powerful. The messages are bigger.
- J.Cole: I don't know if I'm on his radar yet, but I used to hang Eminem's raps on my wall.
- Asher Roth: For somebody to keep their cool, as stressful as the everyday world is, and then try to take on the responsibilities of being a public figure and having all the hardships he's had to deal with and to have him still come out the beautiful human being he is, there's nothing else to say but 'Bravo'.
- Ice-T: (on listening to Eminem's delivery for the first time) It was like you were listening to a scientist.
- Kendrick Lamar: Em definitely influenced a lot in my style. I don't think nobody's matching him now.
- Slug: If you hated on Eminem, you were just a hater. As he got bigger and became more of a pop star, that's when some of the backlash started. But, it was never based on him as an MC.
- Drake: I want you to make some noise for the greatest of all time, Eminem! (at OVO Fest Concert)
- Charles Hamilton: All I know is, I completed my dharma when I met you in Detroit. I have never felt better my entire life. (Personal letter to Eminem)
- Cashis: Em enunciates his words really, really well…That's the thing that makes Em so special. He can do voiceovers. He can make his voice sound like a cartoon. He can do whatever he wants on a record.
- Juelz Santana: (on possibly collaborating with Eminem) Em, I promise you I been watching you for so long. I been a fan, so I wouldn't even ask you to get on a record unless I felt like it was that record. I just want to get the record into your hands, then if you want to turn me down after that, then you can turn me down.
- M.G.K.: That would be a fan favorite if an MGK/Eminem song ever went down. Best rapper alive in my opinion.
- Fat Joe: (on Recovery) I thought I wasn't gonna like it, because niggas was saying', 'Yo, it's rock, and this and that.' But that shit was hard…I think lyrically he's back to where he was. That's what I got from the album.
- Tony Yayo: Eminem is like the godfather of the hip hop game…Eminem has followers that's gonna mess with him until the day he dies.
- Kurupt: They think Eminem is crazy, and they think he's just the '8 Million Records Sold' guy. But, as far as an MC, my nigga, he's underrated.
- Dr. Dre: If I hadn't met Em or we hadn't linked up, he would have eventually become a success anyway, because he's so talented. I was just fortunate enough to meet him first and open the door for him.
- Happy Birthday Marshall Mathers
This was posted 7 months ago. It has 5,903 notes.